The Camden Eco Champion Awards have been created to recognise celebrate the residents of our Borough who go above and beyond to protect our environment.
The Camden Eco Champion Awards is a competition that aims to highlight those that are committed to creating positive change, and show that any initiative, however small or large, should be rewarded and celebrated.
Applications are open now and the awards ceremony will take place in December 2023.
How does it work?
Anybody can nominate anybody! If you have a friend, family member, colleague, neighbour, or teacher that you think is an Eco Champion and should be rewarded for their work then you can nominate them for an Eco Champion Award. All nominations will then be marked by a panel of judges to determine the top three eco champions for each of our categories. Finalists will be invited to an awards ceremony where we will announce 3rd, 2nd, and 1st in each category, and give out a range of fantastic prizes. Here are some examples of eco-champion behaviour to get you thinking:
MINI WARRIORS (Aged 5 to 11):
- Started a recycling project.
- Reduced food waste by starting a compost or gardening project.
- Convinced others to give up single-use plastics.
- Collected rubbish from a public space.
- Encouraged wildlife by building a bug hotel or planting some wildflowers.
- Built a wormery with recycled materials.
JUNIOR HEROES (Aged 12 to 17):
- Hosted a talk about Fast Fashion or sustainable travel at school.
- Set up an eco-quiz to fundraise.
- Created an eco-group at your school.
- Started a meat-free Monday movement.
- Collected rubbish from a public space in your free time.
- Campaigned against idling.
- Reduced the use of plastic at your home or at school.
LOCAL LEADERS (Aged 18+):
- Actively took part in petitions and engage with local government-sponsored eco-work.
- Campaigned for Healthy School Streets or Low Traffic Neighbourhoods in your area.
- Promoted sustainable travel by starting a walking bus covering your child/children’s school(s).
- Requested more cycle lanes, parklets, and other sustainable infrastructure.
How do I nominate somebody?
Nominating somebody is easy and should not take more than 10 minutes of your time. Simply follow the link below and fill in the application form – the more detail and supporting images you provide the better! We will be in touch if the nominee makes it to the final.