Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
2.How do we use your information?
This privacy notice tells you how we, The Camden Clean Air Initiative will collect and use your personal data obtained from when you engage with us directly, via our website, fundraising campaigns or when you interact with one of our selected partners or sponsors.
Specifically, we may use such personal data we collect about you for the following purposes:
- To effectively manage our administration processes
- To contact you via email /phone in response to your support and membership with us.
- To inform and update you on any relevant communications relating to The Camden Clean Air Initiative and our associated partner initiatives, products, and services
- To share educational resources and fundraising marketing materials with you
- To process your membership fees, individual or company donations
- To communicate with you about you or your organisation’s membership to The Camden Clean Air Initiative programs and initiatives
- To process volunteer, internships, or permanent candidate applications in relation to our hiring
3.Why does The Camden Clean Air Initiative need to collect and store personal data?
We will only collect and use your personal information, if we are satisfied that we have a legitimate interest to do so or where the collection of the information is permitted by the law.
The Camden Clean Air Initiative supporters and partners will be required to share certain personal data such as: contact information to engage in our campaigns. Examples of personal data required: business or individual contact name, business/Individual name, postal address, email and phone number, mobile and fixed line.
The information we collect will be used for the following reasons:
- Carry out and administer any obligations arising from our partnerships, sponsor campaigns and manage individual memberships between you and us
- Allow you to participate in features of our website, campaigns and fundraising, competitions
- To share marketing information with you about our services, campaigns and information that you have requested or that we feel could be of interest to you.
- Request that you participate in any surveys, focus group meetings to help us better understand our Camden audiences to help improve our services and campaigns
- Analyse how users are making use of our website and for internal marketing and research purposes.
In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect, and use is appropriate for this purpose and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy. If you would at any point like to change your preferences, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org and our team will help you.
4.Will The Camden Clean Air Initiative share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data collected on to our trusted partners and agent’s supporting in the fulfilment of our services. We engage with a mix of third-party service providers including partners for sponsorship, social media and marketing platforms, financial administration, and payment processing vendors.
We are taking all the necessary steps with our suppliers to ensure they are GDPR compliant by implementing annual due diligence reviews led by our GDPR leader.
Any personal data exchanged is transferred and shared in compliance with GDPR regulations. We will not sell your data to anyone.
Our associated companies, partners, subcontractors that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them solely for the purposes of fulfilling the event service or send you their information because you have shown interest in their services.
When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with The Camden Clean Air Initiative data and security procedures.
5.How will and for how long will The Camden Clean Air Initiative retain the information it collects about me?
The Camden Clean Air Initiative will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary.
It is policy to use and retain data for as long as it is necessary and for the purposes it was collected. The retention period for personal data depends on what the data is being used for. Data retention periods may be extended or reduced if we deem it necessary, for example, to defend legal proceedings or if there is an on-going investigation relating to the information or to comply with relevant HMRC processing regulations.
We use smart technologies to safeguard your data and operate strict security standards and procedures to prevent any unauthorised access to it. If you do access other websites from our website, we advise you to review the privacy policies and practices of those websites and recommend that you check the policy of each site you visit.
6.Can I find out the personal data that The Camden Clean Air Initiative holds about me?
The Camden Clean Air Initiative at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If The Camden Clean Air Initiative does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person that has determined how and why to process your data
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of The Camden Clean Air Initiative or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to
- How long the data will be stored
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing
7.What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
The Camden Clean Air Initiative accepts one of the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
- Driving Licence
- Birth Certificate
- Utility Bill, Credit Card/Bank Statement from the previous 3 months
8.Contact details of the GDPR Leader
The Camden Clean Air Initiative
106 Arlington Road
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7691 8800
Document Owner and Approval
The GDPR Leader at The Camden Clean Air Initiative is the owner of this document and is responsible for ensuring that this record is reviewed in line with the review requirements of the GDPR regulations.
We may update or amend this privacy notice from time to time and will document changes made below.